Monday, June 11, 2007

Latest news from Onar Films

JUNE 1- 2007
Good Day!How did I ever dare use the word "smooth"??For those who followed my last dvd's journal, you may remember the guy who works on my dvd's authoring. He moved to a country small town 4 hours drive away from Athens, last winter, ok?I gave him all the material for the Superman dvd, before Easter and everything looked perfect and he promised he would get it ready at the end of April...Now, since the last 2 months here are a FEW of the accidents and fuckups we've stumbled upon:He crashed with his car on a truckA car crashed on his bikeHis bike and car have broken down at least 5 times and had to remain in the repair service.His new business in that town went to hell and he's about to go bankrupt.The electricity has gone down 3 times during heavy storms in May.The programme restoring the movie picture went crazy and wouldn't work on the movies.The programme fixing and adjusting the subtitles went berserk and refused to take care of my subs.ALL programmes in general, ALL machines, ALL engines have been going down or dead the past 2 months.All these and MORE prevented him from getting the stuff ready in time.And as the ancient Greeks said "one misfortune is followed by 10000 more", so his bike has been kept in the service agency for 1 week and they can't seem to be able to fix it for some satanic reasons as they told him!Now, he told me he'll come here this weekend anyway, and on Monday or Tuesday he'll give me the FINISHED master.Then I'll take it to the factory and after 1 week the dvd will be in my hands ready for sale.So, June 12 looks like the day.Let's see.......................................................................My next dvd, KARANLIK SULAR (A SERPENT'S TAIL, DARK WATERS), will probably be ready at the end of June or early July.It's a 1993 weird, surreal, eerie film, considered the best turkish horror film by many experts. Mondo Macabro and Fear Without Frontier books can only praise it.Next weekend I'll try to upload the trailer and the cover.........................................................................................And now, the BIGGEST tragedy, the hugest accident, the filthiest irony of them all........ I had arranged for a great interview with a cult Turkish actress, Yesim Yukselen. She had starred in dozens of 70's fantastic and superhero films, among them being Tarzan Korkusuz Adam which I'll release together with Tarzan Istanbul'da on a double bill dvd after Karanlik Sular....So I had arranged with my friend Metin Demirhan who knew her, to meet her and interview her...I had sent him the money for this and over 30 hot questions...But as he is a mega-busy person, he was always away from Istanbul or busy with his personal stuff etc and the interview date kept moving from weekend to weekend....Now, as he was definitely ready to do it at a specific weekend, he emails me with some leathal news... Yukselen had just DIED the previous day!!She was still young and healthy! BUT, she died a couple of days BEFORE I GOT HER INTERVIEWED!!!I still can not get over it.... I feel kind of responsible for this because my filthy luck strikes all the people who are useful or dear to me.......

Ok, speak soon! Thanks for reading...Bill

Thats a shame, but what are you gonna do?! Let's just hope he gets the film soon without more troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment